Basics: Whether you are building a commercial, law enforcement, or military range, you must consider some of the same basic safety elements. Most of them have to do with compliance, including OSHA regulations, local noise ordinances, Fire Marshal concerns (NFPA 286), or a military specification such as the RT60 in the USAF ETL or the US Army Corps of Engineers noise performance criteria. Our ALL QUIET™ Shooting Range Acoustics meet all of these criteria in a unified solution.
Getting started: American Range and Target’s site-specific shop drawings are designed to meet your specific criteria. Drawings are typically required by your architect or range designer for projects that go out to bid.
Need help in the planning process?: Members of Our Team are available on a fee basis to represent you at public meetings or with the zoning commission to address noise concerns. If you elect to order site-specific shop drawings, a system will be designed to meet your OSHA CFR 29 noise exposure limits as well as your local noise ordinance requirements. Guaranteed in writing.
Engineered site-specific designs meet OSHA CFR29 noises exposure limits, your local ordinances and the NFPA 286 requirements. The US Army Corps of Engineers noise performance criteria, the recognized shooting range industry standard, states “The installed materials shall provide a Reverb Time (RT60) of 1.3 seconds or less at all firing positions in the range, in all octave bands from 125 to 8000 Hz in accordance with Title 29, OSHA CFR Part 1910.95 Table G16, DODI 6055.12, and DA PAM 40-501. Any material submitted must have independent verification of an RT60 of 1.3 seconds or less from a nationally recognized research laboratory.”
- Meets OSHA guidelines for CFR29 noise exposure limits and the US Air Force ETL
- Guarantees a 1.25 reverberation time (RT60)
- UL approved with smoke developed ZERO (0) and flame spread ZERO (0)
- Meets NFPA286 requirements
- Certified for anti-ricochet and anti-splatter properties by United States Air Force
- Inch for inch, dollar for dollar the highest NRC and STC ratings in the industry
- Absorbs 95% of all muzzle blast energy, at all frequencies
- Minimum Density: ALL QUIET ™ has a minimum density of not less than 2 pounds per square foot for every 1-inch of material
- Nominal Density: ALL QUIET ™ has a nominal density of no less than 2.5 pounds per cubic foot
- Acoustic properties guaranteed for the life of the installed system materials.